- How many books read in 2009? 24
- How many fiction? 14
- How many non-fiction? 10
- How many biographical or auto-biographical? 8
- How many travel books? 2
- Female authors? 16
- Male authors? 8
- Most favourite? Someone at a Distance, by Dorothy Whipple
- Least favourite? The Independence of Miss Mary Bennet, by Colleen McCullough
- Any I simply couldn't read all the way through? The Independence of Miss Mary Bennet. I was amazed that the writer of Thornbirds could write such a dreadful book.
- Oldest book read? The Blue Castle, by L.M. Montgomery
- Newest book read? Persona non Grata, by Ruth Downie
- Longest read? The Lost, A search for six of six million, by Daniel Mendelsohn
- Shortest read? The Blue Castle, by L.M. Montgomery
- How may books from the library? 18
- Translated books? 3
- Most read author of the year? Dorothy Whipple
- How many by that author? 3
- Any re-reads? No
- Favourite character? Charlotte Gray
- How many countries were visited, through the read page? Australia, USA, Canada, Russia, Poland, Germany, Monrovia, France, United Kingdom, Rhodesia (Zimbabwe), Kenya, South Africa, Botswana
- Which books would you not have read without a recommendation? The Memory Keeper's Daughter, Someone at a Distance, Mrs Pettigrew Lives for a Day, Little Boy Lost, Facing the Lion.
- Which author was new to me, and I want to read all that author's works? Dorothy Whipple
- Read any books I always meant to read? The Blue Castle, L.M. Montgomery
- Any books I'm annoyed I didn't read? The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Society
I seem to especially like books fiction or biographical, that are set in the first or second world war time period, but I'm not stuck there.
I have sorely neglected our library, book reading club and every time I run into someone they say "when are you coming back?" Just life gets in the way. So will work harder to keep up and participate in that.
Reading, what a joy, what a transportation, through time and distance from ones own fireside.
Well signing off from my American fireside reading.
P.S. Found this meme on Paperback Reader