Lil Bit Brit Lit Has Moved To Wordpress

https://lilbitbritlit.wordpress.com/

About Me

My photo
An English girl living in Penn's Woods. I live in an old Dutch style colonial house, with my husband Mr Bit Brit, our son Rob, and our two cats Tinkerbell and Tuppence. E-Mail: lilbitbrit_007@msn.com

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Writer's Favorite Recipes, by Gillian Vincent and the National Book League of Great Britain




I was wondering exactly which blog I should post this on, but in the end decided on my literary blog. As I thought literary folks might like to know of this book. I will place some of the recipes on my Lil Bit Brit Blog. Especially Sherlock Holmes housekeeper's recipe for Kedgeree. Isn't that a lovely word k-e-d-g-e-r-e-e? A corruption of the Indian word Khitchru, meaning a medley or hodge-podge.

I found this book on the library discard shelves. Lots of lovely vintage illustrations.

Christy

No comments:

Post a Comment